Join us in welcoming Jin Zhou as she commences her role as Practice Manager & Head of Accounts at Elit Lawyers by McGirr & Snell.
Jin has over 20 years experience managing teams and financial operations in Australia and abroad.
Jin is a dedicated mother of eight year old Jayden who has epilepsy. To juggle her multiple roles as #business woman and #mother, Jin embraces #flexible work practices and and is known for her super efficient work most commonly performed at night!
Q & A with Jin
- Did covid change anything for you ie the way you work or want to work?
Yes, Covid really changed a lot of things, but I feel its bad and good.
Bad thing is that I feel I lost the connection of the outside and have no certain freedom during the lock down time.
But good things are
- No more time wasted on traveling. I used to spend at least 2.5-3 hours on traveling everyday. During Covid , I had much more time to spend with the family
- Work more efficiently as I feel more comfortable sitting at home in front of computer. More quiet environment and no distraction from other people (ignore my son, haha) . Easy to organise the tasks and put priority
What factors make working at Elit good for you?
- Culture. I feel Elit is more like a family, I am part of a community.
- Respect. Directors/Staff show sincere trust, respect, care, and appreciation to others
- Flexible. I can have the work time flexibility and I feel I start to have work-life balance.
- Learning opportunity. I am new to legal service industry, so there is quite a lot for me to learn.
What makes you so efficient at your work?
- Firstly, I am keen to finish task efficiently
- Secondly, I like to set up good routine for my daily work. And always set priority tasks, which is also good for my time management.
- Thirdly , I try to do exercise everyday to manage my energy
Should you have any queries regarding the general operation of our firm and/or account related queries, please do not hesitate to contact Jin via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0433 572 672.