Elit Lawyers a small but busy firm located in Melbourne. We have an opening for a Junior Commercial Lawyer in our Sydney office.
This opportunity will suit a lawyer with less experience in commercial law and litigation who is seeking full time employment based in Sydney.
To be successful in this role, you will preferably have:
- 3-5 years PAE in commercial law and litigation;
- Hold a current practice certificate;
- Extensive knowledge of Deceased Estates and Probate;
- Knowledge of Estate Planning, Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney/Guardianship and Testamentary Trusts;
- Knowledge of litigation in Magistrate, District Court, Supreme Court and State Administrative Tribunal;
- Knowledge of Personal Injury litigation;
- Some knowledge and experience in property law including property transactions, duty implications, business structures including partnerships, companies, unit trusts and joint ventures would be an advantage;
- A demonstrated ability to focus on providing practical and intelligent solutions to legal issues;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a small but busy office; and
- Excellent attention to detail and plain language drafting.